The beautiful Peabody Essex Museum, in Salem, Massachusetts, is one of the region's most exquisite settings for your special events.
Whether you’re planning a corporate banquet or a gathering for close friends and family, the museum offers a beautiful space that is perfectly suited for creating memorable occasions. Cocktail receptions, formal parties and celebrations are expertly planned and executed with the help of our experienced staff.
We look forward to showing you our galleries in person. Together we can plan an event that is truly special.
For more information please contact Natalia Laskaris at 978-542-1615 or email@example.com.
The breathtaking Atrium is the heart of the Peabody Essex Museum. An arched glass roof soars dramatically overhead, pulling the eye and the spirit upward. This central gathering place recalls the traditional New England village green.
Download more information (PDF Format) about corporate or social events
Download more information (PDF Format) about wedding receptions
PLEASE NOTE: East India Marine Hall and the Bartlett & Copeland Galleries are not available for private events as of August 1, 2016, due to our expansion project. The Atrium is available for evening events throughout the project, which is expected to last through 2019.
As of August 1, 2016, the Bartlett and Copeland Galleries are unavailable for daytime or evening events due to our expansion project. The Atrium is available for evening events throughout the project, which is expected to last through 2019.
The rental fee includes the following:
- Exclusive use of the contracted areas during specified times.
- Peabody Essex Museum staff stationed to accept deliveries 2 hours prior to your event.
- Peabody Essex Museum security staff.
- Maintenance staff to set up and break down your event.
- Standard tables and chairs. Upgrade to a fruitwood chair is available for $4 per chair.
- A Peabody Essex Museum facilitator will be present at the time of your event to direct the caterer and other vendors as needed. The facilitator is present to ensure harmony before and during the event and to protect the museum facility and collections. The facilitator does not assume the duties of a professional coordinator.
Yes, the museum does have air conditioning.
Yes, there is ample parking in a municipal lot directly on New Liberty Street directly across from our Essex Street entrance and the New Liberty Street parking garage one block over. Valet parking is not required.
To protect the museum facility and collections any type of flame is not permitted. Battery operated votives can be used.
Download more information (PDF Format) about our guidelines and requirements.